Avenlo brings real-time, data-driven ad targeting and media buying capabilities to Matomy
TEL AVIV and TORONTO (April 15, 2015) — Matomy Media Group (LSE:MTMY), one of the world’s leading digital performance-based advertising companies, today announces a strategic investment in leading performance email marketing and ad targeting company Maven Marketing Group Inc., which operates under the name Avenlo. Matomy has acquired a controlling 70% interest in a newly formed company that has purchased the principal business activity and operations of Avenlo, with the option to acquire the remaining 30% of the company that is currently held by Avenlo over the next three years.
Avenlo brings significant real-time, data-driven ad targeting and media buying capabilities to Matomy, and will materially strengthen Matomy’s existing email acquisition marketing solution. Forrester Research estimates that US advertiser spend on email marketing services will top $3.2 billion by 2019. Revenues in Matomy’s existing email marketing business grew 26% in 2014.
Matomy’s strategic investment in Avenlo follows two other recent international partnerships. Last October, Matomy entered into a strategic affiliation with leading global advertising company Publicis Groupe, and last November, the company acquired mobile programmatic advertising platform MobFox, which now forms the core of Matomy’s mobile performance advertising solution.
“One of our strategic priorities is to invest in companies that will further build the growth and value of our business,” said Ofer Druker, CEO of Matomy. “Avenlo has developed proven innovative technologies and solutions to email acquisition marketing, ad targeting and data management that will help fuel further growth in these important areas of our business. Data is a crucial element in performance-based advertising, and the data capabilities that Avenlo provides will assist Matomy across all of our media channels. We look forward to working with the Avenlo management team to help it expand into new international markets and together build the global leader in email acquisition marketing.”
Founded in 2012, Avenlo’s state-of-the-art email placement optimization platform provides advertisers, agencies and media buyers with sophisticated multi-screenad targeting capabilities that deliver awareness, engagement and consumer action across all devices. The Avenlo Connect Platform enables brand-safe email acquisition marketing campaigns on a cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM), cost-per-click (CPC) or cost-per-action (CPA) basis.
The Avenlo email optimization platform utilizes large sets of customer data and performance-driven algorithms to improve advertisers’ reach and return on investment for performance-driven email marketing campaigns. Avenlo’s innovative consumer profile creation process combines live user actions with behavioral and demographic information and sophisticated statistical modelling algorithms to predict the likelihood for a specified consumer action.
Avenlo works with many of the world’s leading marketing agencies and top brands across various industries, including telecommunications, travel, finance, insurance, online services and retail.
“We’re excited to join forces with Matomy, given its track record of success in performance-based advertising,” said Joseph Freiman, co-founder of Avenlo. “Avenlo is poised for significant growth, and by leveraging Matomy’s international reach and infrastructure, as well as its customer network, we will continue to accelerate our growth and expand into new international markets through the deployment of innovative technology and capabilities.”
Avenlo will continue to be led by its three co-founders — Rafael Alter, Chris DeDiego and Freiman — who will work in synergy with Matomy’s global management team.
About Matomy Media Group
Matomy Media Group Ltd. (LSE:MTMY) is one of the world’s leading digital performance-based advertising companies. Working across Web, mobile and social media platforms, Matomy offers advertisers, media partners and publishers a range of opportunities to generate risk-free performance-based results, delivering quality, scale and speed by providing a single gateway to all digital media channels. Matomy’s marketing solutions include: a display ad network; mobile, social and video adver
For more information:
Headquartered in Toronto, Avenlo maintains R&D facilities in Canada and the US and powers a group of world-class software architects, engineers and marketers. The Avenlo Connect Platform utilizes massive data sets to target a brand’s audience, delivering enhanced results on an individual user basis. Avenlo works with leading marketing agencies and top brands across various industries, including telecommunications, travel, finance, insurance, online services and retail.