This is a run down of sorts of to catch you up on the latest ins and outs in today’s marekting and advertising bubble.
1. Yelp is making a big push to hire more salespeople this year. The company plans to increase it’s already substantial salesforce by 40% in the current year.
2. Snapchat nailed mobile-native video. It’s new original video series, “Literally Can’t Even” is tightly edited with multiple camera angles and switches seamlessly between full screen and split screen views.
3. Most online video companies will fail. According to Mark Suster, who funds startups, You can’t build a large online video company. You have to build a large online tech company that distributes video.”
4. Manufactures fail to use social media for the better good. According ABC’s Stephanie Zimmerman, manufactures are failing in a big way when it comes to using social media to alert their consumers about recalled products.
5. Your lifetime earnings are probably determined in your 20s. A new report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York sends a message to millennials: “Your first 10 years in the labor market likely to shape your lifetime earning potential.”