Just like the 300 pound lineman, we can all use a little push from time to time.
Perseverance. Adversity. Triumph. Defeat. This time of year, we see it all left on the field, as football season is officially upon us.
As a major business, football generates billions of dollars of revenue worldwide. But as in business, major goals in football can only be achieved as part of a motivated team.
So in honor of one of the biggest sporting (or commercial watching) events of the year – the Super Bowl – I thought it fitting to compile some of the more inspiring football quotes to help you take your business right into the endzone to score a touchdown!
- “If what you did YESTERDAY seems big, you haven’t done anything TODAY.”–Lou Holtz, Notre Dame
- “A CHAMPION is simply someone who did NOT give up when they wanted to.”–Tom Landry, Dallas Cowboys
- “The man who complains about the way the ball BOUNCES is likely the one who DROPPED it.” – Lou Holtz
- “Losing doesn’t make me want to quit, it makes me want to FIGHT that much HARDER”–Bear Bryant, University of Alabama
- “If it doesn’t matter who WINS or loses, then why do they keep SCORE.”–Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers
- “Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.” — George Hallas
- “There are only three things you should ever do about a mistake: Admit it, learn from it, don’t repeat it.” — Bear Bryant
- “Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.” — Bill Belichick
- “Winning is what happens when commitment, desire, talent, preparation, hard work and leadership all come together.” — Tom Coughlin
- Once you LEARN to quit, it becomes a HABIT.”–Vince Lombardi
- “In order to WIN the game, you must first not LOSE it.”–Chuck Noll
- “If you’re not gonna go ALL the way, why go at ALL?”–Joe Namath, New York Jets
- “It takes 20 YEARS to build a reputation and 5 MINUTES to ruin it.”–Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
- “For EVERY pass I caught in a game, I caught a THOUSAND in practice.”–Don Hutson, Green Bay Packers
- “Remember, TOMORROW is promised to no ONE.”–Walter Payton